Does travel, traditional dress, textiles and tribes sound like the fashionable adventure you’ve been dreaming of?? Well dream no more because Haute Culture’s Textile Tours are here!
Haute Culture Textile Tours aim to provide creative, hands-on, cultural experiences for women who love to learn all things fashion and textiles, in a time when traditional identities are being rapidly assimilated by modern civilisation.
● Are you passionate/obsessed about fashion, textiles, traditional dress, colours and patterns from foreign lands?
● Have you longed to travel off the beaten path to experience the real culture of a country?
● Does learning directly from hill tribe artisans excite the living bejesus out of you?
● Do you want to expand your textile skills to design and make more unique projects for yourself or your business?
If you answered a big fat YES to 1 or more of these questions then Haute Culture Textile Tours are probably the unicorn of experiences you’re going to want to come on!
Visualize yourself traveling to remote mountainous villages to learn colourful textile techniques from women whose traditional dress is still used as a tool to communicate their cultural identity, social status and stories from their hill tribes history.
Our textile tours are designed to immerse you into the culture of their cloth.
Not only will you have one of the best adventures of your life, you will finish your Haute Culture Textile Tour with a bag full of handmade projects, fingers full of new found skills, and a camera bursting with memories created with some of the most endangered artisans on the planet.
The concept is simple, social, inspiring and important.
● To provide Haute Culture’s creative readers with the opportunity to travel with Donna too learn unique textile techniques from some of the world’s most fashionable artisans.
● To operate as a social enterprise by providing mentorship, employment opportunities and financial investment to the artisans we work with to encourage and support the continuation of their beautiful crafts.
Haute Culture Textile Tours commit to investing 50% of our profits into our social enterprise programs.
Loves fashion, textiles, traditional dress, colours, patterns, travel and culture!
Wants to learn new things and step outside of their comfort zone.
Understands that in order to exchange and experience life and skills with remote cultures means that basic accommodation with simple facilities such as single bed, blanket, mosquito net, and even the odd squat toilet will have to be endured from time to time.
Is open and accepting about the way people live their lives in comparison to how you live yours.
Does not require constant access to the internet.